Banker Supply Co is an innovative bicycle lifestyle retailer focused on urban cycling. We are a young company on a rapid growth path looking for motivated passionate people to join our team as we change how retail operates in the bicycle industry. Banker Supply Co is not the bicycle shop you are used to - we are culturally more like a startup than a bike shop--everyone hustles and does a little bit of everything.
70% of our sales are to women so it is vital that you understand that we are not a normal "in crowd/exclusive attitude" bike shop. The prevalent pretentious attitudes many bike shops are proud of is not tolerated.
We have a strong focus on clothing and fashion trends so an eye for aesthetics and design is valuable.
This position is a fun and challenging position that allows you to share your love of bikes with customers in a unique environment. Because we're an entrepreneurial company with plenty of ways to grow and build a career we expect every employee to take initiative and give our customers a helpful and meaningful experience. Also each employee is expected to follow all company policies and procedures and are evaluated each quarter on productivity and effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Assist visitors in an enthusiastic, genuine, and courteous manner
- Responsible for properly taking in all service work including correctly filling out service work orders, scheduling an appropriate amount of repairs and completing those repairs in a timely manner.
- Advises and assists visitors with their product selection without bias.
- Communicates with bike shop manager repair and warranty part needs.
- Develops and maintains knowledge expertise of all merchandise in department to effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new product lines are introduced.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the general manager
- Regular bike riding and basic mechanical abilities and knowledge a must, shop experience a plus but not necessary.
- Ability to be autonomous, prioritize workday, multitask and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work both independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and take direction well.
- Acceptable appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to create an excellent customer and team experience.
- Superior time management skills.
- A sense of urgency and ability to hustle.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
$9.00/hr to $14.00/hr depending on experience and skill level, plus product samples and performance based bonuses.
Working Environment/Minimum Physical Requirements
You must have the physical, visual and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Position requires standing up to 7 hours per shift, bending, leaning and kneeling on a regular basis during a shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in order to perform essential functions. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and stressful situations. Must be able to work in an environment where climate constantly changes.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. It is understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties if requested by the immediate supervisor or other management staff. This position description is not a written or an implied contract. It will be reviewed periodically and may be revised if deemed necessary. Performance reviews will be conducted quarterly but do not necessarily constitute a required increase in pay.
How to apply: